||Saint Margarets Episcopal Church
Palm Desert, California
Spanning a three-year period, this project involved guidance over the acquisition of a new organ. Stages included:
- formation of committee, fundraising, examination and selection of builders;
- contractual review and approval, design development, review of working drawings;
- coordination of design team (architect, design consultant, acoustician, builder);
- construction inspection and review; installation supervision and coordination;
- involvement in tonal finishing; acceptance;
- preparation of dedication brochure and festivities.
The 57-stop, 71-rank Quimby organ is the Missouri firms Opus 50. In 2000 Todd Wilson recorded Frank Bridge & Friends for the JAV label (www.pipeorgancds.com).