||West Side Presbyterian Church
Ridgewood, New Jersey
This congregation’s 1927 church building burned in January 2002, taking with it an Austin organ much modified over the years. Early consultation work centered around architectural programming, organ builder exploration and due diligence, drafting a Request-for-Proposal, and assisting with organbuilder negotiations. The design team included Herbert S. Newman & Partners of New Haven (architects), Acentech of Cambridge (acoustician) and Serene Jones of Yale Divinity School (liturgical consultant).
In February 2005, a contract was signed with Nichols & Simpson Organbuilders for a three-manual, 48-stop, 59 rank organ in two chancel cases with two pipe 32-foot registers and prepared-for Antiphonal. The organ was dedicated in the fall of 2007. The Project Manager was James Cella; the musicians are Dr. Joanne Rodland and Deb Holden Holloway.